Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Act Three - The End Part Two

EXT. SUNKEN GARDEN - EVENING
People are all hanging around in the park. Many are hanging around in groups. Others are just standing as couples. There is a festive feeling in the air. The scene is colorful and cheery. People seem to be all waiting for something. 

EXT. SUNKEN GARDEN, CANDLE AREA - EVENING
JIM is where many candles are currently lit. There are flowers and photographs set near the candles, like a MEMORIAL of some sort. Some of the pictures show adults, children, even pets. The people here are more somber. Quieter. 

Jim walks up towards the MEMORIAL. He bends down to look at some of the pictures. He sees a picture of a HAPPY COUPLE. Jim stares at it.  He picks up the picture and finds himself feeling sad... jealous.. of the couple in the picture.

JIM (voice over)
It was all just a case of bad timing, I guess.

JIM (to himself)
Bad timing...

Makes you wonder if someone out there is trying to tell you something.
I mean, think about it.  Zombies.  Aliens.  Super gigantic monsters.
Each one happening on the very day you've set a date
with someone who may just as well be "the One."

I'm a geek, you see.
I'm a believer of signs.
A heartless romantic.
A fool.
I hear a song and I find myself believing the lyrics are a message I'm meant to hear that very moment.   A billboard catches my eye and I realize that a phrase or a statement on the board was a missive sent to me from somewhere out there.

I believe in first sight.  In ever after.  In true love's kiss.
I believe in holding on.  In trying harder.  In not giving up.

I believe someone out there completes you.
And when you find that person, nothing can ever keep you apart.

Jim bends down to return the picture.  Someone in red knee socks walks past him, accidentally knocking him forward into the pictures.  Jim looks up to complain but there are way too many people walking past him.

Jim
Nothing at all.

UNCHAINED MELODY suddenly plays.  People ahead of Jim start to part to the side, as each person looks around for the source of the ring tone.  Eventually, PAM is revealed, with her hands holding what seems to be a damaged cellphone.  She is wearing red knee socks, a thick jacket, and a bonnet.  

JIM 
Unbelievable.

PAM (Seeing Jim)
Hey.

Jim walks to her.  People start to step back to give them space.  Pam never moves.  She stares at Jim as if she was seeing a living miracle, which isn't far from the truth given she thought he had died in the attack of the Kaiju.

JIM
You made it.

PAM
We both did.

JIM
I was so scared that you died in..

PAM
I fell in.  Someone threw me a cellphone. 
I used it to call for help.  

JIM
This.. is impossible.

PAM
Ain't it?
You know, I still don't know your na-

Jim shakes his head and before saying another word, leans into Pam.  Pam leans in as well.  The two enter a magical beautiful kiss, as sparks swirl around them, as bells begin to fill the air, as chanting voices proclaim victory.

The two keep kissing, as the camera seemingly circles around them, then stops to focus on the two.  They are all smiles. They can barely look away from each other.

JIM
I still have Ice cream..

PAM
Ooh.. and marshmallows..

JIM
A whole new bag...

PAM
You barely know me.

JIM
I know you complete me.

Golden light covers them.  The choral rises in tone.  

PAM
I feel you do that to me too.

They lean close, noses touching.  Jim and Pam are constantly smiling.  They have found each other.

JIM
Jim.

PAM
Pam.

JIM
Nice to meet you.

PAM
At last.

The voices singing raise in pitch to Alleluias.  Pam and Jim look up to see the source of the singing.  The sky is filled with golden angels that have descended from the very sky.  Rays of golden light cut through the clouds.  A blue cross burns in the sky.  It is the Rapture.

Pam and Jim audibly sigh full of frustration.

PAM
Talk about..

JIM
... bad timing.

They look at each other and break into a bout of laughter.  They kiss.  Jim gives the angels the finger.



THE END



No comments:

Post a Comment